Monday 6 August 2012

Menu plan for August week 2

So I'm getting ahead of schedule this week! Yay. Actually this week I need to go shopping tonight due to other commitments this week, so I need to figure out what I need for the rest of the week before Wednesday. So here we are with the menu plan:

So I cheated slightly... I was supposed to have:

  • Wednesday: Pork
  • Thursday: Fish
  • Friday: Fish
  • Saturday: Cheese
  • Sunday: Chicken
  • Monday: Cheese
  • Tuesday: Vegan

However, using pork on the first day would have meant Pork two days back to back, which I didn't really want. I also wanted to do a roast dinner this coming weekend, and pork with all the trimmings seemed like a sensible choice, so pork moved, and then I started thinking recipes and came up with a list but I've moved the Cullen skink to the weekend (fish chowder for you non-Scots out there) as it is more time consuming. I am also going to aim to make the Quiche at the weekend so that I don't have such a chore on Monday (they are hard days for me... its so far away from the weekend).


This week I have separated up my shopping list into the items that I generally keep in (so I just quickly check the list) and items I need to get in. Again, there are actually a few I already have in (for example I have a large sack of potatoes that isn't empty, pork in the freezer and some leftover salad bits in the fridge). In the future I will attempt to write a 'store cupboards' and 'to buy' list for each recipe, so when I decide what to make the information is already collated. But for this week, this list will suffice.


Store cupboard
To buy
Rosemary
1.2kg pork loin joint with crackling
Garlic
1 parsnip
Fennel seeds
4 carrots
Olive oil
4 large potatoes
Wholegrain mustard
1 sweet potato
Honey
2 onions
Cumin
Ginger
Coriander
6 Tomatoes
Turmeric
Coconut cream
Chilli flakes
1 head broccoli
Marmite
400g can chickpeas
Red lentils
100g baby spinach leaves
Sesame seeds
1 lemon
Cashews
300g cherry tomatoes
Plain flour
Parmesan (or equivalent)
Butter/baking margarine for pastry
2 eggs
Soy sauce
400ml double cream
Salt and pepper
Basil
Rice vinegar
Salad
Vegetable oil
2 oranges
Coriander (cilantro) leaves
4 salmon fillets
Chives
1 bunch watercress
Rice vinegar
1 red onion

2 limes

Chicken – 4 breasts or equivalent

¼ red cabbage

1 red bell pepper

2 spring onions

1 large head lettuce (romaine)

2 small leeks

Smoked white fish (about 400g)


My actual 'shopping list' this week is about half of the 'to buy' list, and then I've added on a few 'store cupboard items' that I need such as cordial and milk. Not too bad. Menu planning is definitely reducing how much I buy! And I think we are eating better meals too!



Thanks for stopping by,
Rose
Let me know what you think... leave a comment or send an email to passthecaffeine {at} gmail {dot} com

No comments:

Post a Comment